Monday, November 2, 2015

I wish I'd thought of that ...

Just a short one today, ReaderFriends, as my mom is staying for a few days to do grandma stuff with Wallaby and let me get in some good chunks of writing time. Yay! But I just had to say …

The other day, our usual biking spot hosted a road race, which made parking tough but didn't really affect our riding, as the gnarly stuff that we ride is the stuff most joggers avoid. When we returned to the car, however, we discovered that we had acquired a postcard under one windshield wiper. 

I was annoyed, but didn't want to litter our 'take out what you bring in' park, so stuck it in the car door. Later, I glanced at it and had to admit it was kind of cool. You see, it was inviting me to a 5k race Halloween night that spanned the 'lose an hour' portion of the headache that is daylight savings.

I'm no runner, but even I was tempted, just for the sheer weirdness of being able to say I finished a race before I began it.

So, yeah. Wish I thought of that. Have a great week, all!

Jess(e)

No comments:

Post a Comment